Sunday, September 19, 2010

Writer's Workshop: Cast of Characters

I would like to introduce you to the main cast of characters for the Snips and Snails and Tales family. 

First of all, there is me...


My name is Amanda, Mandy to my family and closest friends.  I can honestly say that I am not sure why, but I have never been called Mandy at school or work.  Anyways, I'm 33 years old, and I have lived in Florida my entire life.  I graduated from an arts high school, majoring in visual arts, with a concentration in photography.  I spent 9 years getting my Associates in nothing, and recently started (and am now on hiatis from) working towards a degree in crime scene technology.  Just something I have always been interested in.  I still love photography (and art in general), and I am a fairly newbie to sewing and crafting.  I love creating, and I cannot imagine not being in the process of learning something at any given time. 

This is Caleb, the apple of my eye...


He is 5 years old, and just started kindergarden last month.  He is the absolute greatest kid I have ever met.  He is hilarious, creative, smart as a whip.  He loves to make up stories and draw pictures to illustrate those stories.  He loves puppies, dinosaurs, dragons, sharks, penguins and squirrels.  When he grows up, he wants to be a "Rock Star Monkey."  He also says he wants to get married, so his wife can have a baby.  How sweet is that? 

And to complete the family, even though I haven't mentioned him much, here is the ex-hubs...

(the taller one)

Caleb's dad (Kent) and I met while playing a game on Yahoo! (Literati, I believe.)  We dated long distance (he in South Carolina, I in Florida) for about a year before he moved down here.  We married a year or so later, shortly after we found out that Caleb was on his way.  We separated after about 8 months, and divorced after 3 years of trying to get it together and not succeeding.  We are much better friends than we were spouses, and I am very happy that we have stayed friends.  Kent now lives in Georgia with his older son and his mom.

There are a few other players that may come into the stage in the future, but for now this is our little family.  It is far from perfect, but I wouldn't change a thing about it for the world.  Thanks for taking a moment to learn a little about us.  And thanks for joining us on our adventure into the unknown.


Where Moms Who Blog Go!

2 comments:

  1. You should have used the photo of caleb and me in front of the polor bear statues at Seaworld.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining me at Create With Joy - you have such a lovely family!

    I look forward to getting to know you better and hope you'll be a regular visitor/contributor at CWJ!

    Hugs
    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete