Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Kids' Clothes Week Challenge: Still Stumbling Along...

So, I went and got the right pattern (I triple checked myself!) and grabbed some elastic.  All set to start on Caleb's pjs.  Get home, wrestle with those flimsy pattern pieces to figure out what's what.  I still don't know why there were 3 separate pieces, identical as far as I could tell, to make sleeves...  luckily I'm not doing a shirt this time.  Ugh!

Anyways, I get all of the pieces I need cut out, ready to lay out on the fabric and cut.  Only, I don't have enough fabric.  Come on!  How can two patterns, that make the exact same size of the exact same item, use totally different amounts of fabric?  I know, I had the wrong size pattern at first, but I bought the fabric based on the correct size.  Yeah, I'm paying the price for putting this off for so long. 

So, you can find me at Joann again today.  I hope they still have the fabric.  Don't laugh, it usually happens that way.

However, I did get to finish the pirate pjs for my nephew.  You'll have to wait until December to see them in action.


The fabric is really cute.  I'll be making pjs for Caleb from it, as well.  Maybe some other stuff, too.

So two days into the Kids' Clothing Week Challenge have not been a total loss.  Hopefully, there won't be too many other issues in the way of my finishing what I set out to do.  Fingers are crossed!

1 comment: