Thursday, September 9, 2010

National Sewing Month: Muffins and Toile

Have you ever been to Mimi's Cafe?  It is this great little New Orleans themed restaurant.  The food is excellent and the atmosphere is fun.  We went there for breakfast this morning.  The serve crepes, quiche, huge servings of french toast, to name only a few items.  They serve muffins with their egg breakfasts.  These muffins are huge!  They bring them out before the meals come, and by the time you finish the muffin, you don't really need the rest of the food.  (Of course, "needs" are not usually in command in these situations.)  Anyways, they often have Free Muffin events, so we got a four pack of muffins to take home.


Yep, that is a quarter there.  Can you believe how huge these things are?  That one in the bottom corner is carrot-raisin-walnut, and it is AWESOME!  If you haven't tried Mimi's yet, I highly recommend it!

After breakfast, I headed over to Joann today to get some good, sturdy fabrics for my next bag, a tool tote.  Found a couple of canvas prints I liked. 


Don't they look great together?  Now I just need to decide which should be the main print, and which should be the accent.  Decisions, decision...

I also found a cute toile remnant...


Not sure what I'm going to use it for just yet, but I'm sure I will think of something.

Can't wait to get started tomorrow! 

2 comments:

  1. I choose the zebra print!!! Thanks for the follow - Following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda! Thank you for stopping by Ad Bits! Following you back now! Love these fabrics... our stroller, pack and play, and swing are all that black and white print in the last picture- love it!
    ~Jules @ www.adbits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete