Tuesday, September 21, 2010

National Sewing Month: S'mores!

I know what you are thinking, what do s'mores have to do with sewing?  Well, these are not like any s'mores you have ever seen.


Those s'mores, my friends, are made of felt.  They look good enough to eat, huh?


My mommies' group is having a playfood swap soon.  I know, Caleb is not really the playfood type, but I have seen so many cute items, I just had to jump in.  I was looking for ideas and came across a few I really liked...


I will be making these peas.  They are just too cute!


 This juice pouch is cute, too.  And unique.

But I wanted to go all out for my first attempt, and actually design my own.  I hadn't seen any s'mores (although I just searched specifically for s'mores, and found some), so I sat down with some felt and, voila!



 Now, if you will excuse me, I have the strangest craving for s'mores.

Sharing on We Did It Wednesday & Hoo's Got Talent & Show Off Your Stuff Party!


6 comments:

  1. That's adorable! You're right- I'm dying for a s'more now. Must. find. marshmellows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just curious..... what's the point of a "play food swap"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. To get a collection of different play foods. Everyone makes a different kind of food, one for each swapper. Then you swap and walk away with one of each food. I have no real reason to participate except that I wanted to make some. Although, Caleb has asked me to make him a felt pb&j, so he may play with them. But some people stock up their kids' play kitchens with all kinds of food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a play food swap is an excellent idea! Your s'more turned out really cute. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright, in that first picture, I was convinced that they were real s'mores!! I am such a s'mores fanatic, so these are perfect! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those really look terrific. Well done!

    ReplyDelete