Monday, September 13, 2010

National Sewing Month: Tool Tote and Another Estate Sale Find

I finished my most recent bag Sew What! Bags: 18 Pattern-Free Projects You Can Customize to Fit Your Needs last week.  It is called a Tool Tote in the book, but it actually makes an awesome market tote, as well. 


I like to combination of the fabrics, although I wish there was more red in the one.

Anyways, you can customize the front pockets to fit whatever "tools" you might want to carry, and there is a little pocket inside.


All in all, I like this tote.  I have carried it all weekend, and it has come in quite handy. 

I did have a small issue while I was sewing it.  Since the fabric was thicker than I have been using, the tension was a little off, resulting in squiggly stitching.


I got around to adjusting it when I was attaching the last handle.  Always the procrastinator.



We hit a awesome estate sale this past week, at a $3 million estate.  This house was beyond incredible.  Seven rooms, eight and a half baths.  I think we counted 6 washer/dryers.  The master suite alone was bigger than our house, and the master shower alone was bigger than our one bathroom.  It was the single most amazing house I have ever been to.  We had to wait in line for 45 minutes to get in, but the house alone was worth the wait. 

I didn't leave empty handed, either.  I got Caleb a couple of books for Christmas the first trip.  Yes, I said first trip.  We went back for the last day, 50% off day.  Not that there was much left to mark down.  They cleaned up at this sale.  I did manage to find a couple of pieces of fabric I got for $2.  I think this piece of brocade alone was worth a couple of times that. 

It was surprising hard to photograph.  Totally not doing it justice.  It is really beautiful.

I can't wait to see what it is going to become!

5 comments:

  1. oh I love that color! I can't wait to see what it's going to become ether. I hope you post it up so we can all see when youre done with it.

    Have a great Monday :)
    http://sammymakessix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there, thanks for adding me, im following you back from PSYCHEDELIC SUNDAYS. ;) i actually have a new monday blog hop, if you would like to join :)

    http://everymomhasherday.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm your newest follower, #73

    Super cute blog! Come check mine out, if you'd like!

    www.barefootbysea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey first off thanks for following me im now following you back. Second off i love, love, L.O.V.E that bag its so cute. Third of all were is these estate sales i need fabric for $2.00 lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I found your blog via Trailing Tuesday and decided to follow you. I hope you will check me out too and maybe follow my blog.
    http://traci66.blogspot.com/2010/09/trailing-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete