Thursday, September 23, 2010

They don't call me Queen Goober for nothing!

My ex-hubby cristened me Queen Goober at some point in our relationship.  I don't remember the specifics, but I do know that I can't argue with it.  Classic example...

While I was standing in line at the fabric counter to get Caleb's pj fabric, I noticed one of my favorite bloggers walking through. She has an absolutely beautiful blog, and makes the most amazing things. I stole a peek at the treasures in her cart (including her adorable young'un) and I can only imagine the works of art they will become. Hopefully, she will be sharing.


Of course, I didn't say anything. I wanted to, don't get me wrong. I would have loved to have introduced myself, and let her know how inspiring I find her blog to be. Instead, I tried to blend into the counter. I can't explain why, but I am mortified when it comes to talking to people I don't know. Heck, even people I do know. I can't even begin to guess at what I have missed out on in my life because I couldn't speak up. I think that is the one thing I would ask of a magic genie, an end to my often crippling shyness. If I could have that wish granted, I wouldn't need the other two wishes.


Katy, it would have been great to meet you today. I truly love reading your blog. Next time, I'll at least say hi!  And I will try not to embarass myself too much.  I can't promise too much...  I am Queen Goober, after all.

2 comments:

  1. I understand completely! There is a girl out in the blogosphere that I really relate to, but could never say anything! I've read her blog for years, and I honestly care about her as if she were my real friend. She's so inspiring. But I get all nervous when I try comment on her blog! Lol, I feel like a stalker! Maybe you will run into Katy again and start a real friendship! Good luck!

    Angela (swap-bot)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you didn't say anything!! I feel famous and so flattered that you knew who I was! Next time, indeed, you must at least say hi!

    And, I do have a project in the works with the fabric I was buying that day to share :)

    ReplyDelete