I adapted this recipe from a couple of others. I was looking for a good mac & cheese variation that could serve as a meal. Super simple, and I have found it bares a strange resemblance to one found on the back of the Kraft Deluxe mac & cheese box. But I swear, it is a complete coincidence.
1 box Kraft Deluxe Mac & Cheese (or equivalent)
1 small onion, diced
1/2 tsp chopped garlic
1 lb ground beef
1 24 oz jar spaghetti sauce, any flavor
1 cup shredded cheese, any flavor or blend
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Prepare macaroni & cheese according to package directions.
3. Saute onion and garlic over med/high heat in a small amount of oil or cooking spray until onion starts to become translucent.
4. Add ground beef to pan and brown. Drain off fat if desired.
5. Add spaghetti sauce to meat and combine thoroughly. Allow to heat through, stirring occasionally.
6. Add sauce mixture to prepared macaroni & cheese. Stir to combine thoroughly.
7. Transfer macaroni & cheese mixture to a lightly sprayed 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over top.
8. Bake in 325 degree oven for 20 minutes or until cheese starts to brown.
9. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!
I call it Mac & Cheeseburger, and it is T-A-S-T-Y!!!