Friday, August 13, 2010

A Day At The Beach

Okay, I flaked on taking pictures at the water park yesterday.  But we were having a great time, and my camera was buried at the bottom of my bag.  I'm making up for that today.

We took a trip out to the beach today.  Now, normally I'm not one for going to the beach.  Don't get me wrong, I love it there.  I love the sun, I love the water, I love the breeze.  I could do without the sand in unspeakable places, but you can't have everything.  No, the reason I don't go to the beach much anymore is Caleb.  He loves the beach too, but I can't relax there when I am so worried about him.  Is he getting too much sun?  Enough water?  Is he going out too deep?  What if I lose sight of him?

Yeah, not alot of fun for mommy.  But, when a friend asked us to join her and her boys at the beach today, I decided to give it a shot.  And boy am I glad I did.

The "beach" was actually more like an inlet.  But it was beautiful.  Quiet, calm.  Perfect!


While my friend and I chatted, Caleb and his friends played in the cool water...



... discovered wildlife...



... and watched a Navy helicopter and a huge plane fly over head.



We had a great time!  Thanks, Meghan!  And this time, I think Caleb escaped without a sunburn.


I wish I could say the same for myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment