Monday, March 7, 2011

Catching up, Part 1: Road Trip!

I took Caleb to Busch Gardens last month, just for the hell of it.  They extended his free pass for this year, so I renewed my pass.  So we took a long weekend and had a little adventure.  I don't have any pictures from BG, unfortunately. I didn't want to take my Nikon in and risk it getting lost or broken, so I grabbed (what turned out the be the wrong) point & shoot digital camera. The card holds all of 8 pictures.  And I am not exagerating! Eight pictures!!  So, yeah, no BG pictures this time. Bummer.

We did, however, stop at Dinosuar World in Plant City on the way home. We passed the entry on I4 on the way to Tampa last summer, and Caleb has talked about wanting to go ever since.  So I surprised him. It was pretty cool.  Small.  A little campy.  But I think that may have added to the atmosphere of the joint.  I did  take my Nikon this time, so here are some of the awesome pics...

This is the face of a HAPPY kid!


Don't ask me to name all of these dinos, 'cause its not going to happen!

 







The kids get to dig for fossils, and take home their favorite 5 finds...

Caleb's haul


Dinosaur World was a great find!  If you ever find yourself out that way, I suggest you check it out.  Especially if you have a dino-nut in the family. 

More updates to come!! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment