My ex-hubby and I discovered Norah Jones together while we were doing the long-distance-dating thing. We fell in love to the beautiful sounds of her first album, Come Away with Me. One of my favorite songs is Turn me on, truely one of the most sensual songs I have ever heard. Come Away with Me and Peter Malek's New York City, on which Jones was prominently featured, got extensive play on our many road trips, as well as during my hours in the dark room in college. Sunrise, from her second album, Feels Like Home, was my ring-tone for a couple of years. I have grossly neglected updating my music library over the past few years, so I have missed out on the last 2 releases. That will soon me remedied...
What I'm driving at here is, I love Norah Jones' music. And when I heard that a new album was imminent, I immeadiately added it to my Christmas wish list. Then, I was offered the opportunity to review it! Merry Christmas to me!
...Featuring Track Listing:
- Love Me – The Little Willies
- Virginia Moon – The Foo Fighters featuring Norah Jones
- Turn Them – Sean Bones featuring Norah Jones
- Baby It's Cold Outside – Willie Nelson featuring Norah Jones
- Bull Rider – Norah Jones and Sasha Dobson
- Ruler Of My Heart – Dirty Dozen Brass Band featuring Norah Jones
- The Best Part – El Madmo
- Take Off Your Cool – OutKast featuring Norah Jones
- Life Is Better – Q-Tip featuring Norah Jones
- Soon The New Day – Talib Kweli featuring Norah Jones
- Little Lou, Prophet Jack, Ugly John – Belle & Sebastian featuring Norah Jones
- Here We Go Again – Ray Charles featuring Norah Jones
- Loretta – Norah Jones featuring Gillian Welch and David Rawlings
- Dear John – Ryan Adams featuring Norah Jones
- Creepin' In – Norah Jones featuring Dolly Parton
- Court & Spark – Herbie Hancock featuring Norah Jones
- More Than This – Charlie Hunter featuring Norah Jones
- Blue Bayou – Norah Jones featuring M. Ward
You can pick up your very own copy of Norah Jones' ...Featuring in stores now (and on Amazon), just in time for the holidays. How handy!
I love this album, and I am so glad I was given this opportunity.
Check Norah out on Facebook! And on YouTube!
This album review is my true and honest opinion. I was provided a free copy of ...Featuring for the purposed of this review. I am a member of the One2One Network, and this review is part of the Norah Jones project.