Saturday, July 24, 2010

Ugly Cupcakes

I love to bake.  I don't do it nearly enough, though.  Usually only for birthdays and stuff.  I haven't had much luck with cakes, so I usually opt for cupcakes.  Not that I have alot of luck with them, either.  They always seem to come out looking like this:


I know, it has to do with putting too much batter in the pan, but I just can't seem to find the right amount.  Frustrating...

Anyways, since these particular cupcakes are for Caleb's birthday party, I figured I needed to make them look a little more... presentable, shall we say?  So I had to perform a little cosmetic surgery.


Delicious cosmetic surgery

Trimmed off all of the little overhangs.  All iced up, no one will ever know.

Unless they are like me and start with the icing.
 
No, they will never stand up next to the Cami Cakes cupcakes in a beauty contest.  But I think, considering what I started with, they look pretty darn good!


Oh yeah, I'd eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment